A large research and development project was performed on behalf of (LSR) Munich. The humanoid robot project involved the mechanical fabrication of the robot and the design and implementation of real-time robot control.
The design uses:
- harmonic gears and high-resolution encoders in all joints
- reduced anthropomorphic kinematics with two degrees of freedom
- torque / speed / position control with 1kHz frequency
- the range of movements of the robot is to reflect the movements of a human hand
- the dimensions of the main parts of the robot are similar to those of a human hand
- the weight of the robot should be as low as possible to achieve the required speed of movements and at the same time the required strength